Sometimes when life gets tough, the best you can do is look back and smile.
Some of the highlights of our lives are captured in photographs, and there’s nothing better than remembering the stories behind each of our favorite photos, especially in #tbt Instagram posts on Throwback Thursdays.
These memories can come from your favorite college nights, an amazing vacation, or even your happiest baby photos, so it’s only natural that you want to find the best captions or returning quotes to go with them.
Whatever the occasion, capturing memories to cherish forever is a great way to remember all the good times you had and all that you have to look forward to.
To help you out, we’ve put together this list of the 40 best Instagram captions and quotes we could find.
Some are funny, some are cheesy, and many are super cute, but all of them will put a smile on your face and your followers.
Sweet and cute homecoming captions
1. “Just try to avoid the present by living in the past.”
2. “Hey travel, I’m ready when you are.”
3. “Life goes on, but these memories are eternal.”
4. “They say a picture is worth a thousand words, this one only says 3: I miss it.”
5. “I want a makeover.”
6. “Isn’t it fun to see that day in and day out, nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different? “- CS Lewis
7. “I can’t wait to tell my grandchildren about times like these.”
8. “Good times with even better people.”
9. “I’ll take a one-way trip back to this time here, please.”
10. “Relive that moment over and over again with this photo.”
11. “The past beats in me like a second heart.” – John Banville
12. “I never take anything for granted again.”
13. “I wish you were here with us, but I would love to go back even more.”
14. “I’m homesick for anything that’s not home.”
15. “These photos don’t do this moment justice. Guess I’ll have to go back! “
16. “We don’t remember the days, we remember the moments.” – Cesare Pavese
17. “Memories are the journal we carry with us.”
18. Humans, not places, create memories.
19. Blessed with the best.
20. “Yesterday is just today’s memory, and tomorrow is today’s dream.” – Kahlil Gibran
21. “Hold on tight to your memories, but even more so to your dreams. “
22. “Nothing is lost as long as we remember it.”
23. “If you like something, you have to let it go. But all I want to do is go back to it.”
24. “Small moments, great memories.”
Returning selfie captions
25. “Them: Take a photo, it will last longer. Me: Okay! “
26. “If there is one thing I could say to my younger self, it would be to take better photos.”
27. “Wait, can I go back? I think I left my happiness behind. “
28. “Staying strong through hard times is the only way to achieve good times.”
29. “I’m good at living the present moment, but better at reliving this moment.”
30. “Oh, so that’s what they meant when they said these are the best years of your life.”
31. When I grow up I want to be my old self.
Funny returning captions
32. “Ah yes, the good old days … 3 months ago!”
33. “I can’t wait to * sea * you again.”
34. “Life was easier in the days of dates and sleepovers.”
Related stories from YourTango:
35. “I love looking at old photos with my kids because in the photos they are quiet and don’t bother me for snacks.”
36. “The memories fade but Instagram is forever.”
37. “I never thought I’d say it, but I actually miss school.”
Returning captions of song and movie lyrics
38. “I live for the nights I can’t remember with people I won’t forget.” – Drake, “Show me a good time”
39. “Life goes pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around every now and then, you might miss it. – Ferris Bueller’s day off
40. “Because our days were numbered by nights on too many rooftops. They said we would burn so hard.” – Cartel, “Burn this town”
41. “My God, that reminds me of when we were young.” – Adele, “When we were young”
42. “You should see me with a crown.” Billie Eilish, “You should see me in a crown”
43. “Time makes it bolder, even children get older. And so am I.” – Fleetwood Mac, “Landslide”
44. “Will you recognize me? Call me or do you drop by? “- Simple minds,” Don’t you (forget me) “
45. “Our little group has always been and always will be until the end.” – Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit “
More for you on YourTango:
Alice Kelly is a writer with a passion for lifestyle, entertainment and current affairs.